There is a massive need to deal with the waste produced by broken fast fashion jewellery. For years the fashion industry has been looking at innovative services to deal with textile waste but what about all of those beads and chains from jewellery?
Welcome to The ReJewel Collective’s Jewellery Upcycling Service
How does it work...
- Fill out our short form below
- Send your jewellery to the collective maker
(If you donated, thank you – skip to point 5)
- You receive a discount voucher for your good deed
- You treat yourself to a new piece from your chosen collective maker's website
- We refurbish or upcycle your old pieces, putting the materials back into circulation
» Read our FAQ's
Q. Is this a “cash for gold” service?
A. No. This is an upcycling service for broken/unwanted jewellery in exchange for a voucher for use at www.rejewelcollective.com
Q. What if my broken jewellery cannot be upcycled?
A. In the unlikely event of us being unable to re-use your broken/unwanted jewellery, we'll simply return it to you.
Q. Who pays for shipping?
A. Items shipped to collective makers will be paid for by you. In the unlikely event of you being unhappy with our voucher offer and you want your items returned we will pay for return.
Q. How long will it take to receive my voucher?
A. You will receive your voucher by e-mail within' 7 days of us receiving your items.
Q. What if I'm not happy with the voucher discount?
A. In the unlikely event of you being unhappy with our voucher offer, we will simply return your broken/unwanted jewellery to you.
Q. How long is my voucher valid for?
A. Your voucher is valid for 3 months from date of issue.
» Terms and Conditions
By using the upcycling service you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
1. By using the service you confirm that -
- You are the legal owner of all jewellery
- You are violating no laws
- Not sending jewellery for or on behalf of a third party
- You are over 18 years of age
2. You are completely responsible for cost & shipping arrangements of jewellery sent to Collective members. We will not be held responsible for any items lost in transit to us.
3. All Jewellery is assessed & valued individually due to the wide range of materials we receive.
Jewellery is valued based on –
- Material type (glass, plastic, semi precious beads, base metals etc.)
- Condition (any surface scratches, dent or scuffs)
- Quantity (amount of goods sent)
Broken jewellery isn't necessarily of less value than jewellery that is still intact, all items sent in will be dismantled at some point ready to be used in a new piece.
4. Upcycling vouchers are sent via e-mail to the address provided. All vouchers contain a discount and a unique upcycling code. Upcycling vouchers are valid for 3 months from date of issue.
5. Upcycling vouchers are only redeemable with your chosen collective maker. No Cash alternative is available.
6. From date of upcycling voucher issued, you have 14 days to accept or decline the voucher offer. Once accepted, the Collective member becomes the rightful owner of items sent in as a donation or in exchange for an Upcycle Voucher. Should you decline we will return the items to you. If we hear nothing from you after 14 days, we will presume you are happy with the voucher amount and the items you sent in will not be returnable. We will however try to contact you for confirmation.
7. Any items returned to you will be shipped & insured. International customer will be quoted shipping fees upon return based on varying shipping charges.
8. We reserve the right to modify these T's & C's with immediate effect and without notification.
9. These Terms & Conditions work in conjunction with out main T's & C's. This agreement is for use with our Upcycling service only.